In my free time, I enjoy traveling, hiking, playing guitar, and watching the Mariners win.
I’m Sam. I have been an amateur videographer and editor for the past five years, but my most recent work experience expanded my skill set from video and photo editing to graphic design, social media management, and copywriting. As a double major in Economics and History from Whitman College, I love engaging with current events and politics, and hope to enroll in law school in the future. Please check out my video portfolio and writing samples, along with my editing and videography reel (see below). Thanks for visiting!
(p.s. I designed this website via WordPress, so while I am not a web designer or developer, I hope you still like it!)
Video and Photo Editing
Social Media Account Management
Historical Research and academic writing
editing reel 2020.
thrift collective llc.
July 2020 - present
- produced, scheduled, and managed social content projects (video, photo, copywriting, graphic design, etc.) across multiple channels, including instagram, youtube, facebook, twitter, blog, and website
- managed a four-person social media team and grew Thrift Collective’s Instagram account @thrift_collective_official, from under 100 followers to 1600+ in four months, while maintaining a 3% engagement rate
- managed product photography and merchandizing of ecommerce products, which produced high quality SEO product descriptions and clean product presentation
- created slide decks for sales, business, and fundraising in collaboration with ELT to stimulate revenue and reach new customer bases
the dore foundation
board of directors
September 2019 - present
- researched and proposed an allocation of foundation funds to the jan erikson life saver fund and family works food bank to board of directors
- collaborated with fellow board members in researching and assisting 3 pacific northwest non-profits that provided relief from covid-19 for community members.
whitman investment company
board of trustees
walla walla, wa
January 2019 - May 2020
- acted as a risk manager and market analyst in collaboration with other board members to create weekly presentations on market conditions and prospective equities
- utilization of discounted cash flow models in financial modeling for prospective equities
- mock CFA winner (Spring 2019) – caterpillar inc. (CAT) analysis and presentation
walla walla, wa
class of 2020
- bacheolor of arts, 3.57 GPA
- double major in economics and history
- concentration in 20th century U.S and European history
- undergraduate academic distinction (Spring 2017, Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020)
- varsity Baseball (2016, 2017)
ies language and area studies
- semester GPA: 3.97
- emphasis on 20th century Italian and European history, alongside Italian language studies
class of 2016
- captain, varsity baseball and football
- sports editor, school newspaper
- washington state academic honors (top 10% in academics, 2016)
- WIAA sportsmanship award (2016)
- national football foundation scholar athlete nominee (2015)